1. Women like hanging out in Starbucks and drinking chai tea. Believe it or not–men will walk straight past a Starbucks to get to a Five Guys or Firehouse sub.
2. Women like Sephora. Men will walk right by Sephora to enter a Pro Bass Shop.
3. Women like to get their nails done. Men like to hunt deer.
4. Women prefer wine. Men drink beer and whiskey.
5. Women like jewelry. Men don’t.
6. Women like to shop. Men like to stand outside of stores, or park themselves in big comfy chairs in the shops.
7. Women like to go to the hairdresser and read a fresh People. Men go to the barber shop and thumb through a crumpled old copy of Maxim with pages missing.
8. Women like the sound and smell of Chanel. Men like the sound and smell of Indy racecar engines.
9. Women like go to a movie and then want to talk about it afterwards. Men may go to a movie and then walk out of the theater and drive straight home.
10. Women collect fabric swatches; men like to hunker down on upholstered fabric.
11. Women like to moisturize. Men don’t.
12. Women like to watch events–such as royal weddings–in a light and airy room, occasionally glancing out the window to catch any signs of spring. Then talk about who looked good and who didn’t. Men like to watch Sports Center in a basement or man cave, with curtains drawn and shutters closed. Then later talk about which player looked good and who didn’t.
13. Women like Oxygen, TLC and Food Network. Men like Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Ice Road Truckers, and the Three Stooges.
14. Women like a true chicken salad and sweet tea for lunch. Men. so. don’t. (see sub and burger chains above).
15. Women like small boutiques; men like big box chain stores.
16. Women like to share Barefoot, Giada and Paula recipes; men like to swap hunting, fishing and golfing stories.
17. Women like to dine al fresco. Men like to dine al Longhorn.
18. Women like cafes. Men like cigar shops.
19. Southern men seem to love guys named Bubba, Buddy, Junior, Sonny, and any double name involving ‘Bob,’ and think they are an. absolute. hoot. Women think they are only half a hoot, if indeed, a hoot at all. Maybe they ‘got the party started’ in high school, but that’s where it about ended.
20. Women love etsy, pinterest and houzz; men. just. flat. out. don’t.
side-note: (Men and women both like Apple, the Food Court and Victoria’s Secret).